Friday, May 11, 2012

Improvements & Steel Spring Sprint


I have been working with Teresa for about 3ish months now.  
Getting a coach has been the Best. Decision.

I feel more confident in my training and I feel like each work out has a purpose to it. 


...... 
At the first of the year, I hated swimming was hard!
I had no idea what I was doing.
My swimming workouts were simply back and forth in the lap pool.
Then Teresa came along with–
            ‘Main Sets, 100’s, Descending per 50, Pull, Kick, ON 1:05, 
Paddles, Catch-up Drill, Zoomers’… 
What was this new language??? 
So intimidated at first; but now, I am loving jumping in the pool.

I use to be a professional at windmill free-style swimming – :) After this time with T, I can not imagine how I was able to swim laps like that before.  Anyways here is my swimming progress over the past 3ish months:
THEN                      NOW
400’s in 8:20            400’s in 7:36
200’s in 3:44             200’s in 3:32
100’s in 1:55            100’s in 1:35
Still have a long way to go… but it is so nice to look back after a couple months and see improvements!
Whooo




Post-marathon recovery went great!  Took 3 days off running completely with light swimming only, then introduced easy jogging, and I am now back doing tempo runs.  My body feels stronger than before the race. I was telling Teresa how much easier my faster paced runs felt and she told me ‘Athletes gain a lot of fitness when racing.’ 
Double Whooo!! :)





Biking has also improved! A few weeks ago I took a 1.5 hr ride that I use to average 15-16mph at the beginning of the year... this time I was in the 17-18 range!!! I still have a little fear after getting hit I need to get over to really push my cycling to the next level!. 




Steel Spring Sprint Tri next weekend – This will be my 2nd Triathlon.  I am SO excited to see the improvements since Olympic Lake Powell last fall. (Little nervous about racing in a lap pool though– hopefully I don’t swim into someone. Open water it is allowed to hit into someone… lap pool, no excuse to right??? :)

And a few hiking photos from 2 weekends ago... My dad asked me to go on a 'easy' hike. We got lost and easy turned into a challenging 17.77 (to be exact) 







6 comments:

  1. That looks like a fantastic, but HARD hike! Your scenery is so beautiful. Way different than here.

    Great improvement in the pool! Your biking is looking really good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super awesome improvements. Love it!
    17 mile hike! Wowza. Can't imagine how much food you got to eat after that!

    Keep up the great work!

    tn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've become a speedy swimmer! Way to go!

    Absolutely beautiful hiking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool on the 17 mile hike. I personally hate swimming for time. Run for fun and bike for fun, but love to push hard. I think you may be somewhat of a mystic even more than a hiker because of the places you like to hike. We should get together sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made HUGE progress with everything...I'm especially jealous of the swimming progress. I need to get a swim coach!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent Working Dear Friend Nice Information Share all over the world.God Bless You..
    cheap bicycles shops london

    ReplyDelete