Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weekly Recap & Biking in the Cold

First week training with Teresa:
  • Swimming is 100% more enjoyable now that she has me incorporating different types of drills and techniques as opposed to staring at the bottom of the pool-free-style the whole time!
  • Saturday, I woke up super early and did not want to wait for it to warm up (about 10degrees) - my 'robbers' mask was all I needed to keep the cool off my face
  • SLOWLY getting back into running. So far - PAIN FREE :D The miles do not compare to my 50+miles/week like before BUT I have to keep reminding myself that this time I am training smart!   


  • Tomorrow is my rest day - so... I have an appointment with the PT to have the 'Graston Technique' done that he was suggesting.  It will only be $35 until I get my insurance in 2 weeks! 
  • I know everyone is talking about it BUT the Olympic Marathon Trials were so inspiring to watch! Did anyone else cry as they crossed the finish line? :) 





Today a family member asked me 
'Once you have finished the race, are you going to stop working out so much...'


Really made me think - I do not look at each day as 'training'. My mind set has really changed from seeing what my family calls a 'workout' to now
a way of life. 
As long as I can help it, this life style will NEVER stop. 

10 comments:

  1. Way to go on getting your workouts in. I love the "robbers" mask! I might have to get one of those babies to keep me warm. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the look!

    i totally cried as the women crossed! incredible!

    love that last bit. it really can become a lifestyle if we choose :)

    great job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for being pain free on the run!

    With the mask, you can hit up a convenience store on your route to pay for your coach :-).

    I hear you on the family comment. Since you aren't "one and done" they will figure it out. I'm still fairly new to working out more than most people but my family now asks every day when I get home, "are you running, biking or swimming tonight?".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when you can recognize the shift between "training" and "way of life". Hopefully you'll rub off on some of your family members.

    Train smart!! I need to figure out how to do this.

    And OF COURSE I cried.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! What a great week ;). And yes it is a lifestyle! Keep up the great work. Tn

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are brave to face the cold woman! Especially on a bike...yeeshe! Love the look though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are rocking it!! I'm so glad to see you're running again - pain free too!!! What kind of drills do you do? I really want to work on my swimming form and do something besides stare at the bottom of the pool.. I'd love it if you could share!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, "A way of life" is perfectly it. Keeps me balance and sane. Yet, I don't let it interfere with normal life, as much as I can help it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do not know how you run in the freezing weather! you are my hero, keep it up!!
    I love the pie chart of workouts..so cool!
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete