I knew that I had my first 20 miler so I cut my mileage back on the running front during the week. Training went a little something like this:::::
Monday- 60 Minutes Cycling
- 30 Minutes Upper Body Weights
- 3/4 Mile Swim
Tuesday- 8 Mile Run
- 60 Minutes Cycling
- 15 Minutes Yoga
- 1/2 Mile Swim
Wednesday- 7.1 Mile Run
- 10 Minutes Abs
- 70 Minutes Cycling
Thursday- 60 Minutes Cycling
- 30 Minutes Lower Body Weights
- 1.1 Mile Swim
Friday- 35 Minutes Total Body Weights
- 10 Minutes Foam Rollin'
- 1/2 Mile Swim
Saturday- 20 Mile Long Run!!!!
- 20 Minutes Easy Cycling
- 15 Minutes Stretching/Foam Rollin'
Sunday- 60 Minutes Easy Cycling to loosen the legs up
Saturdays 20 Miler was such a confidence boost. When I heard the chirping of my Garmin at the 20 mile mark - PURE EUPHORIC BLISS! I can not believe less than 3 weeks ago I was not able to run. I now feel like I can kick St. George's ass (which is 19 days away if you were wondering). My legs seriously felt amazing after the run, super quick recovery. The only side note today the TOP of my right foot is SO SO sore... like I cant stand on my toes sore. This happen to anyone???? Remedies?? Notes from the run:
- Dates are officially my go to fuel. I ate 1 at mile 7, 13, 15, and 18.
- I should GoogleEarth my runs before hand to check out elevation >>>>>>>>>>>
- Mile 17 seems to be my 'Wall' : Mantras break down that wall though!
- Running as the sun rises is one of the most amazing feelings
- (SUAR) was genius in cutting off socks for temporary CHEAP arm warmers
HOW ABOUT THIS NEW ADDITION::
This AWESOME GUY - Jason, gave me some wonderful advice to pursue Tri's. One being head on to my local bike shop for some help with my first bike purchase. They were great and helped me find something in my budget while still being effective for what to do. Newbies - you should know
CAUTION: Cars do not watch out for you, be forewarned (my biggest fear now!). Again thanks Jason!!
Lastly - I know this is not a political blog: but I am pretty obsessed with Ron Paul
and this sticker arrived over the weekend :D